Not only are these double-triple chocolate cakes incredibly soft, creamy and delicious, they are also a healthy alternative to the usual snacks. Only natural ingredients are used in the cooking process. They are free of food additives, animal products, sugar, gluten and lactose. Could they be even more desirable? We can reveal a secret that the recipe is very simple.
The author of this recipe is the amazing The Beginnings marketing junior Silvija. She enjoys experimenting with healthy recipes in the kitchen, and this is also how this recipe was created.
Surprise your guests and treat yourself with these delicacies that will fulfil even your deepest chocolate fantasies. However, if not in a mood for chocolate, there are suggestions at the end of the article to tailor the recipe to any desire.
- cupcake liners (paper)
- 2 packs of The Beginnings Almond Cocoa Cookies
- 2 small avocados or 1.5 medium-sized avocados
- 200 ml full-fat coconut milk (only the tick part of a can)
- 100 g cacao
- agave syrup to taste (about 100 ml for fans of not too sweet and not too bitter chocolate)
The recipe is very easy, however, it is important to remember that one small preparatory job is needed - the coconut milk can should be put in the refrigerator the night before so that the next day only the thick part can be used.
If done, the next day you can make the cakes and enjoy the wonderful smell of chocolate that will surely fill the entire kitchen.
In a food processor, mix all the ingredients needed for the cream: avocado, the thick part of the coconut milk, cocoa powder and agave syrup.
- Silvija has also tried to use frozen avocados because sometimes they ripen faster than can be eaten. The cakes are as delicious as with fresh avocados.
- It is recommended to ad Agave syrup gradually and tasting the cream time by time not to make it too sweet or bitter.
- Next, the cookies are placed in cupcake liners. It is recommend taking double liners for each cake to give the cream bigger support.
Then the chocolate cream is poured into the liners on top of the cookies. The thickness of the cream layer depends on your desires and preferences.
- The cream is enough to cover all 16 biscuits with a medium-thick (approximately 1.5cm) layer.
Then place the cakes in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- The first cakes are usually enjoyed after these four hours, but they can be stored for a long time in the fridge.
- The paper liners usually open in the refrigerator and the cakes can be easily taken out, but if it is not the case, it is recommended to place them in the freezer for a few minutes before serving. The liners will definitely open up there.
- Cakes can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. Sometimes, the previous evening, Silvija would defrost one for the next day's pst-breakfast snack. It also fits perfectly on a breakfast porridge.
- Double chocolate is not enough? Is it possible to have too much chocolate? Definitely not for us. Make your double chocolate cakes into triple and sprinkle them with shredded black chocolate.
The recipe is not only very simple but also adaptable to any taste. Experiment with different flavours - orange, cranberry, cocoa and seeds - The Beginnings biscuits, and various types of cream. If chocolate is not what you crave, add to the avocado and coconut milk mixture juice of two limes, one grated lime peel, vanilla extract and agave syrup to taste (about 1 tablespoon). Silvija has also experimented with various fruits and berries, such as kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and even currants. But, when adding watery fruits and berries, it is better to add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to maintain the pleasant consistency of the cream.
Treat yourself and your loved ones with a warm drink and a delicious cake during the autumn craze!