Quick, easy, delicious and healthy – this Buddha bowl has it all. It includes everything that your body needs for a balanced lunch or dinner (or even breakfast!). To make it more filling, it's served with a creamy tahini-miso dressing. Sounds delicious? Keep on reading to discover how to make your own delicious gluten-free Buddha bowl.
Buddha bowl principle can simplify your everyday meals. It's one of the most convenient principles to follow to make sure that you're eating healthy on an everyday basis. Plus it's a very versatile concept – you can include your favorite foods. A balanced Buddha bowl includes some kind of whole grain or starch, protein, veggies, greens, healthy fats, and fermented food.
Today we're sharing a Buddha bowl that includes juicy, roasted beets, avocado and tahini dressing for healthy fats, satisfying young potatoes, crispy kale chips and sauerkraut for probiotics. Let's head to the recipe!
HEALTHY BUDDHA BOWL WITH CREAMY TAHINI DRESSING (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
Makes 1 serving
For the Buddha bowl:
- 3 young potatoes, washed and halved
- a small beet, washed, peeled and cut into wedges (cut them a bit thinner than potatoes for similar cooking time)
- a handful of cooked wax beans
- red cabbage sauerkraut (or your favorite fermented food)
- half of an avocado
- a handful of cauliflower
- a handful of The Beginnings kale chips
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil for baking
For the tahini dressing:
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp light miso paste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp date syrup (or another sweetener)
- Lay a pan with a baking paper, spread over the potatoes and beets. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 25 - 30 minutes until potatoes and beets are fork-tender.
- In the last 10 minutes of baking, add wax beans in the oven with salt and pepper to heat them.
- While the veggies are baking, prepare the dressing. Put all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth and creamy (you can also use a blender).
- Assemble the Buddha bowl – in a medium-size bowl add the cooked veggies and beans, sauerkraut, avocado, cauliflower and kale chips in the middle. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and enjoy!
Leave a comment