Juicy, delicious and deeply nourishing – this vegan mango & turmeric breakfast bowl is the perfect treat for a healthy and satisfying breakfast.
Have you heard about the ancient spice turmeric and it's impressive healing abilities? It's been scientifically proven that turmeric has anti-inflammatory effects as well as it benefits your kidneys and helps to reduce the pain.
That's why turmeric not only adds a bright, yellow sunshine to this bowl, but will benefit your body as well. To make this smoothie bowl more filling and satisfying, add green buckwheat or oats, nut butter and top things off with The Beginnings black currant cookies, roasted nuts and berries.
Mango & Turmeric Breakfast Smoothie Bowl (Vegan)
Serves two bowls
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp. green buckwheat groats (or whole-grain oats)
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts (or your favorite seeds)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water to thin
- 1 tsp. almond butter
- a small handful of roasted hazelnuts
- a few The Beginnings black currant raw cookies
- blueberries for topping
- In a high speed blender, blend 2 bananas, mango, buckwheat, hemp hearts, turmeric and 1/4 cup water until smooth and creamy. Add an extra splash of water if necessary for the texture.
- Divide smoothie between two bowls. In both, add on top some banana slices, a swirl of almond butter, The Beginnings black currant cookies, some blueberries and roasted hazelnuts. Enjoy!